Friday 15 April 2011

The Economy

Being a Kenyan, I hsve seen and heard several things on the News. Our electronic and print media houses are always giving us more and more information on what our politicians say and do. Apparently, these various politicians know what's best for the country. I think that they simply know what's best for their pocket. I have seen the state of our economy slightly improve then move from bad to worse. We have prices of commodities going up and salaries remaining the same. We have trade unions defeninding their people and their cries falling on deaf years. Does it really pay to be African? Doesn't it just seem like the only happy people are the politicians and their minions. I need a better reason to embrace my heritage. All other reasons such as growth of the economy or improvement of labour laws and such are only true in theory but never practical. I will be proud of my people when our leaders and politicians learn to care for us and not only for themselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment